Thabyay’s Curriculum Department prepares and distributes context-appropriate curricular materials and teacher training. It focuses on preparing adult learners from marginalized communities in Myanmar for effective participation in developing their communities, and for further education.
The Curriculum Department currently operates two programs:
Educasia works to support the development of non-government post-secondary and adult education initiatives in Myanmar.
Educasia’s objectives include:
- Enabling students in post-secondary and adult education to develop the skills and knowledge required to participate effectively in the development of their communities, and pursue meaningful further education.
- Building the capacity of teachers in low-resource post-secondary and adult education to develop student-centered teaching skills and create active analytical learning environments.
- Supporting post-secondary and adult education programs, in both formal and informal settings, to develop and implement effective context-appropriate curricula and syllabi which prepare learners to participate effectively in the development of their communities, and pursue meaningful further education.
The Curriculum Project’s objectives are broadly similar to Educasia, except that the program works with Myanmar populations (refugees, exiles, and migrants) based along Myanmar’s borders.
Educasia’s mission and functions
Educasia started in 2008 as a replication of the successful program The Curriculum Project.
Educasia supports the development of post-secondary and adult education initiatives in Myanmar. Its focus is on non-formal groups working for positive social change and development.
Educasia works to:
• Provide young adults with appropriate knowledge and skills to participate in peaceful development of communities and society and to pursue meaningful further education
• Support development, implementation and provision of context-appropriate curricula and learning structures
• Build capacity of teachers and educators in low-resource environments
• Build flexible learning pathways and innovative educational solutions.