Educasia is a program of the Curriculum Department of Thabyay Education Foundation.
The Curriculum Department of Thabyay works for a future with:
• A society offering relevant and equal educational opportunities for all
• Active citizens with appropriate knowledge and skills to participate in the peaceful development of their communities and society
Educasia’s mission and functions
Educasia started in 2008 as a replication of the successful program The Curriculum Project.
Educasia supports the development of post-secondary and adult education initiatives in Myanmar. Its focus is on non-formal groups working for positive social change and development.
Educasia works to:
• Provide young adults with appropriate knowledge and skills to participate in peaceful development of communities and society and to pursue meaningful further education
• Support development, implementation and provision of context-appropriate curricula and learning structures
• Build capacity of teachers and educators in low-resource environments
• Build flexible learning pathways and innovative educational solutions.
• Post-secondary schools and
• Adult education programs
• Civil society organizations
• Adult learners and their teachers
• Disadvantaged populations
• Internally displaced people
• Community development workers
Our activities along the Thai-Myanmar border benefit Myanmar refugees and migrants. Click to learn more.